Thursday, August 5, 2010

How SILLY is this?????

Silly Bands!
Pretty cool right!!!!


   Silly bands or so called SILLY BANDZ are the newest craze for kids these days.......
 You should have heard of them by now. For those of you that have children between the ages of 8 and 18 then silly bandz are nothing new to you.

Well....as my daughter gears up for her school year she is getting her stash of silly bandz ready. These cool rubber bands are multi-colored and they come in a whole bunch of incredible shapes like stars, fruit, and animals. Some of them even glow in the dark. They are really becoming a hot item among young kids today.

I wear my silly bandz.....do you? My daughter will give me some of her silly bandz to wear, I wear them without difficulty or putting up a fuss. Actually now, I have resorted to looking through the packs with her and picking out my own. But it does take me back to when I was young. I used to emulate Madonna's every move. She was the "IT" girl to follow for tweens back in the 80's. She wore rubber bands around her arm and so did every other girl from here to Timbuktu. But I can't remember my mom wearing them. I don't even think I would have had the guts to ask her. It just never occurred to me back then. She may have worn them if I insisted.....hmmmmmmm I don't know?  But today kids are different....they demand a different kind of parenting than what we had.
80s
Madonna and her famous rubber bracelets...
(1980's circa)

Even when we are out my daughter will look for moms and other adults with silly bandz on. Do you wear your silly bandz? If not, you better get some! They are one of the most inexpensive gifts to buy. You can buy them just about anywhere. They are sold at Dollar Tree, CVS, Walgreen's and even gas stations. They range in price depending on where you go from $1.00 to $6.00 per pack. They are usually sold right in front near  check out.
 It's funny how trends repeat themselves. My daughter allowed me to take some pictures of her silly bandz and some recent packs she purchased.
Here they are:















Oh...and if you do have children and or grandchildren going back to school ask if SILLY Bandz are allowed because some schools are banning them for being too distracting to children while they are in school. Other schools just have firm guidelines that they are only to be played with or traded during lunch time, recess and after school programs. Here are some links:


1 comment:

  1. Aww, those are cute! <3 In a silly way, haha. I'm 16 years old, and I don't think I've ever heard of them, but they look cute - especially for younger kids. :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember this game....