Tuesday, August 10, 2010

See you at the.......

drive in movies

         See you at the Drive-In!!!!
Do you know that there are STILL Drive-In's?
     I can remember as a child going to our local drive-in movie theatre. It was a fun outing for me as a child. I would have on my PJ's and just be as comfy as possible. I didn't have to worry about a crowded movie theater or bumping into someone accidentally. It was a heavenly
experience that I will cherish. Back then the movie screen seemed to be so large to me. It felt like it was in 3-D.
      I haven't been to a drive-in movie since that one closed. Then a year ago I decided to see just what happened to Drive-In's. So I began my research. I was so surprised that there were some (the last of the Mohican's) still left! So, a friend and I ventured off 3 1/2 hours to find our Drive-In paradise. Then after loads of wrong turns and bends we arrived at our spot. Now, I didn't think that with all of the high tech movie theaters a plain old drive-in would be crowded but to my dismay it was! There were people in lawn chairs with big ole' cozy blankets, it was such a great sight to behold and it took me back to my old PJ days. It was a great trip and just as I remembered.  My only regret was that we didn't make reservations at a hotel close by. The 3 1/2 hour trek back home at 12:30a.m. was a doozy!!

   So, if you have nothing to do go and support a Drive-In this weekend! If you can get there early to buy some refreshments. This is how they make proceeds to sustain their business.
Let's try to keep Drive-In's around for our children and theirs! So see you at the Drive-In!

Harvest Moon Drive In Theatre

Here are some Drive-In links:
http://www.driveinmovie.com/

http://www.drive-ins.com/ (on this site you can put your zip code in and it will give you the closest one)

http://www.americandrivein.com/ (a movie about drive-in's)

http://www.driveintheater.com/drivlist.htm (gives a list of operating and dead theatres by state, also how many were open in a particular year)
drive-in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember this game....