Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Next Food Network Reject!

     The Next Food Network Star
      I haven't been feeling good for a while so I thought to myself, since I have been eating so much lately from stress and all.............I would fast on Wednesday. Well, that is what I did until about 3:30p.m. then I had a salad with heaps of dressing on it. Then I had a granola bar and then I had some carrots and dip. UGHHHH!!!!
     O.K. after that I was good (for awhile)! At 9:45p.m. I ended up having some tea and another salad. Yea, I know I was rapidly unfastening myself and my entire day of fasting! I tried though.....Lord knows I tried!!! But it was just not to be for me.....on that day at least.
     Now, we come to Thursday. Good old Thursday and what did I do???? I woke up saying to myself.....girl, don't try to starve yourself eat but eat mindfully. So, I came up with making a soup full of veggies that I can eat ALL day. I am not a fan of cold raw vegetables so I decided to get my daily dose with a soup. So, I have been watching the Food Network's show "The Next Food Network Star" and my favorite Bravo's "Top Chef". On Top Chef they were doing all kinds of puree peas and things on Wednesday night. So on Thursday I try to put a little of that action together myself. I roasted vegetables and then got my blender out to puree them..........well, things were looking good and it smelled so dag on good too. When I went to taste my little puree/soup part of the friggin' blender's rubber bottom was ALL blended up and pureed into my concoction also known as vegetable soup!
     Well, I'll be........!!!! I was so mad at myself, the blender and those cook's, chef's (WHATEVER)  on t.v. that make it seem so simple! But guess what? That didn't stop me. I got a colander and tried to strain the big pieces I could see out. Then........... I ate it!! Yes I did!!!! Rubber and all..................I ate my rubber and vegetable medley for breakfast, lunch and dinner!!!!
     Yes, I am officially the Next Food Network Reject because I don't know how the heck it got all jumbled up in there in the first place???
Who knows what tomorrow will bring..........
I guess I pulled a FAST one on myself for even attempting to Fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember this game....