Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Yes....I am still trying all Different Concoctions

     O.k....I haven't posted in a while. I have just been feeling blah and there has been loads of things going on personally. Yet, here I feel like I can get away.....even for a moment. So here I am to tell you another
cooking concoction story.
 Well...tonight I decided to make soup for everyone. It may not look good but it tasted fantastic!
      So here goes.....I took a store bought whole baked chicken from last night and put it into a pot with carrots, onions, red peppers and celery. I let it simmer for 3 hours very low. Then I put NO egg yolk noodles in after the two hours and let it sit for 30 minutes. These noodles don't need a lot of cooking because they will get real soft and mushy very fast. I love them because they are so healthy for you.

So this is it below....a picture BEFORE I put the noodles in ........












Picture of the noodles I used.













Finally, this how it came out.

     As you can see it comes out more like a stew. I did put other seasonings in it like chili powder (that's why it has a red tint), basil, garlic powder and oregano. Oh.....and I know you are saying dag, that pot looks old! Well, you are correct! It was my grandmother's. Yes, it's falling apart I know. Well just the handles (the pot itself is very strong) I am so attached to it. She was such a good cook. I often wonder if she were alive would  she be into all of these cooking shows and stuff. She was a caterer and I haven't meet anyone who could make rolls like she could. She passed way before it was "IN" to cook.
Jeezzzz, I also wonder is she looking down at me now saying..." I should have taken MORE time to teach her to cook?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember this game....